Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sush is the Indian Madonna

There’s more than adopted children that Madonna and Sushmita Sen have in common. The Material Girl and our Miss Universe are both deeply into Kabbalah. For the uninitiated, Kabbalah is a discipline and school of thought that explores the mystical aspect of Judaism. Madonna, of course, has been a Kabbalah believer from ever since, but Sushmita has got into it recently.

“I was chasing a particular number, 47, which I thought was very auspicious and this led me to the study of Kabbalah,” explained Ms Sen. “So I went to the Kabbalah Centre in New York and picked up every single possible literature they had on the subject. Today I feel like I know it a bit.”

That was two-and-half years ago. Since then, the actress says Kabbalah has brought about fabulous changes in her life. “We are talking about anti-ageing and stuff. All of this is to age gracefully, not to fight it, not restrict yourself to other peoples’ definition of ageing or of growing old. Through Kabbalah, I found ways to stay young and yet, gracefully accept that every single line on your face is something you’ve earned. So as long as you enjoy and cherish them, you’re going to age gracefully and like who you are,” she said earnestly
On the work front, the actress is currently involved with Dulha Mil Gaya and the yet to be released Karma Confessions And Holi. “There’s also David Dhawan’s film, the working title of which is Do Not Disturb, in which I’m with Govinda,” she said.

Most importantly, there’s Jhansi Ki Rani Lakshmibai which Sushmita is producing, directing and acting in. Talking about this whole experience, she said, “It’s a tough call, because of the sheer size of the canvas of the film that I want to make. I’d much rather be doing three years of pre-production than three years of post-production. I have a very emotional tie with the film. Tons of work has gone into the scripting, presentation, etc. I want it to be a 2010 release and if everything goes well, Insha Allah it should be so,” she added.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: