Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bollywood moaned the demise of Michael Jackson


While Hollywood is left devastated by the sudden death of Pop icon Michael Jackson, Bollywood too is grieving at his demise. Jackson had influenced many tinsel towners and taught them a thing or two about how to go about the business of entertainment.

Saddened by the tragic death of the singer, Farah Khan said, "I officially had no training in dance and whatever I learnt was by watching Michael Jackson’s videos, especially `Thriller` over and over again. I consider him as my ‘guru’. He was the real reason why I wanted to become a choreographer. What I am today is because I saw his video ‘Thriller’. It was at that moment that I wanted to take up dancing as a profession".

Sanjay Dutt too expressed his grief. "I was really shocked on learning the news of his death. It’s really sad. I have never seen an artist with so much talent. I saw him at a show in New York and Bombay too. I was sitting in the VIP section but I was at a distance. He was a great performer and a super entertainer."

Film director Anurag Basu said “This is actually the end of an era. Our whole generation has grown up listening to his songs. This news is actually very sad and shocking”.

Sukhwinder Singh said, “It's a huge loss for the music industry. People remember him only as king of pop, but his grip on the music was too wide to be restricted to one genre.”

Sunidhi Chauhan said, “He was the one and only. My favourite song of his was "I just cant stop loving you".

Subhash Ghai said, “Michael Jackson was a symbol of fire, passion and energy of talent who changed the peopl'e thinking. Youth followed him worldwide including in India and even our film music and dances have been heavily influenced by him.”

Madhur Bhandarkar said, “We have been listening to his songs since 1980s and 1990s. The kind of euphoria that he created that time was amazing. His death is a great loss. It is so unfortunate that just weeks before he was supposed to hit the stage for his shows, he passed away. But he will always remain the king of music.”

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: