Sunday, April 11, 2010

Akshay’s new film similar to Shoaib-Sania affair

Coincidences do happen but this one has to top the list. Just when Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik was accused of bigamy on the eve of his wedding to Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza, Sajid Khan’s ‘Housefull’ also busted into the scene. Surprisingly the film bears a marking resemblance to the "Shoaib-Sania affair".

In the comedy, Akshay Kumar’s wedding to Deepika Padukone is interrupted by a woman, played by Jiah Khan who claimed to be his wife.

Commenting on the similarity, Akshay Kumar said: "I never thought of it. Now that you’ve pointed it out I guess there’s a resemblance. Actually I’ve three women claiming to be my wife in the film." But the actual sequence where Akshay’s wedding to Deepika is interrupted is too close to the happenings in the life of the Shoaib and Sania to be a coincidence.

Director Sajid Khan said: "What can I say, except that this is a case of life imitating art? We do have a sequence where Akshay’s wedding is interrupted by a woman claiming to be his wife. Compounding the similarities with the real life situation which are grabbing headlines is the fact that the first wife’s claims are not as simple as they seem. But I repeat the similarities are coincidental. I wrote my script two years ago."

Be as it may, the similarity between Shoaib Malik’s and Akshay Kumar’s respective predicaments seem to be a case of perfect timing.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: