Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bipasha Basu refuses to smoke

The sultry actress Bipasha Basu recently refused to smoke on-screen while shooting for a song in her upcoming flick ‘Pankh.’

Sudipto Chattopadhyay, the director of Pankh wanted Bipasha to smoke on screen for a vital sequence. However, Bipasha flatly refused as she does not encourage smoking and hates it. She was not in favor of the scene and if she smokes, it meant that she would be promoting smoking. Sudipto even gave her the option of holding a cigarette, but she refused that as well. Sudipto understood her point of view and agreed to shoot the scene differently.”

Bipasha confirmed the news “I don’t smoke and I don’t encourage smoking. Unless it’s absolutely essential to smoke for my role, I wouldn’t agree to do it. In ‘Pankh,’ it was not essential, hence I refused. I had also refused to smoke in one of my earlier films, ‘Corporate.’ If my role is that of an addict, then I will do whatever the character and the role demands.”

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: