Saturday, April 5, 2008

David Dhawan's New Movie to see Govinda,Lara & Riteish

After an 8-month sabbatical, the irrepressible David Dhawan is back in the swing of things. Says the rejuvenated director, "The layoff has done me good. I needed the break from direction, yaar! It's not as if I was sitting idle at home. I was a judge on a dance show. That, I enjoyed thoroughly. I was finalizing the scripts for my next two films and spending time with my family." He intends to direct two films this year.

"The first would be for my friend Vashu Bhagnani with my dear friend Govinda in the lead. It'll be an out-and-out David-Govinda dhamaka, the kind audiences will expect from us. This would be my sixth film with Vashu, can you believe it? We still continue to believe in each other! We're looking for a dhamaal title for this film. But my next Hook Ya Crook written by Rensil D'Silva is a complete departure from everything I've done so far."

David's film for Vashu pairs Govinda with Lara Dutta once again after Ravi Chopra's Pappu Pass Ho Gaya. The film will also star Riteish Deshmukh. While the Vashu project takes him into familiar territory David has decided on a completely new team for Hook Ya Crook. "Rensil wrote the full script for me immediately after Rang De Basanti. He's an amazing writer. His film for me is unbelievable. I've decided on John Abraham for the lead. One more major leading man has to be selected. This is darkish film with violence in it. But nothing that would make audiences alarmed, 'Arrey yeh David Dhawan ko kya ho gaya?'

David's son Rohit is also ready to turn director this year. "In a couple of months, Rohit will ready with his project. I'll most probably be producing the film along with a corporate house."

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: