Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blessing in Disguise for Tanu

She has made headlines more for the many controversies she has been mired in – from the man slapping episode at an event in Bangalore, the Nana Patekar sexual harassment issue or the alleged spat with Shona Urvashi, producer-director of Saas Bahu Aur Sensex – than her films. But looks like these untoward incidents have proved a blessing in disguise for Tanushree Dutta. Especially the Nana incident on the sets of Horn Ok Please, after which the actress has been inundated with film offers, despite the 'unprofessional' image it got her.

"Incidentally, after that episode I have been getting a lot of offers. In fact, after that the number of offers has actually doubled up for some strange reason," says Tanushree gleefully. But as they say, once bitten twice shy, the actress has been taking it real slow this time around. "I have turned down many an offer that has come my way. That's because I have suddenly caught a phobia for all these new people. If today I have to sign a movie I would definitely do it with an acclaimed director, producer or an actor. Because, when even after working so hard such things happen, I just feel I'd rather be a glorified wall flower in a big movie and work peacefully than work with small-time directors," says she. But the actress agrees that the offers do signal something positive. "The industry did support me in that way. I thought that people might take calls based on other people's decisions but the truth is that there are people who have worked me before and, thankfully, they did not pay heed to these rumours. I signed an offer right after a week after that incident!" she reveals.

Surely Tanu has moved on to better things and says that she has become stronger thanks to the negative phase. "I am looking at better things now. I have stopped thinking what people say about me. You care till a time you are worried, when you are not doing anything…and for the first time someone calls you a villain, you feel bad. You try hard too hard to prove that you are not like that. But it happens again and again and at a point you get immune. Now it does not matter to me," she says, matter-of-factly.

Though she does admit that she had veered away from films a bit due to personal reasons. "I may have become lax in between but I had my reasons for it. There were a lot of things happening in my personal life and I decided to give those the priority. Now my focus is back on my career," signs off the Bong actress.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: