Friday, May 30, 2008

Shahid finds a Solemate

The question doing the rounds of Bollywood is: are Shahid Kapoor and Vidya Balan a couple?

The film industry would like nothing better than a romance between them. But reports of the handsome Shahid and pretty Vidya being seen together were dismissed by him as, “We had just gone out for lunch. I go with other friends too.” Now, the two stars who are coming together in Aziz Mirza’s Kismet Konnection, talk to BT about their relationship.

“Vidya is my co-star and we are good friends. But this isn’t your Bollywood kind of good friend. I mean, she’s a nice girl, a fantastic co-star and one of the many friends I have,” said Shahid playing safe. “Incidentally, Sania Mirza is also a friend and we meet, but there’s no romance. I guess I’m an easy target because I’m single.”
The thumping success of Jab We Met has put Shahid back on his feet. “At 27, filmmakers like Vishal Bharadwaj, Yash Chopra, Ken Ghosh, and my dad Pankaj Kapoor are making films with me in the lead, I cannot ask for more,” said Shahid who is looking forward to acting with actresses his age like Deepika Padukone, Sonam, Priyanka Chopra and Katrina.

Vidya, who has also been asked about their relationship, is guarded. “I’m scared of saying anything,” she said, “We worked together for 60 days in Toronto and I’m fond of Shahid, but he’s just as a friend.” Reacting to comparisons between them and Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla, who were regulars in Mirza’s earlier films like Yes Boss and Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Vidya said, “I, too, would like to have an onscreen pairing with Shahid like Juhi had with Shah Rukh, and hopefully people will say the same thing about us a few years down the line.”

Kismet Konnection, not surprisingly, is about love and finding one’s soul mate. But Shahid said he finds a soul mate even in his dog Keizo. “Soul mates need not be only about lovers. I feel a strong connection with my dog. He is my soul mate. He knows what saddens me and what makes me smile. He doesn’t disturb me when I need my space, but he is there. He even puts me to sleep,” said the lover boy giving new meaning to man’s best friend.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: