Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kajol- I'm not saying 'yes' to K JO until I hear his script

Kajol tries to keep busy with her work (she's judging a reality show now) though it's obvious that her father Shomu Mukherjee's death has taken its toll on her.

A close friend of Kajol says, “Kajol has been badly affected by her father's death. Since, her parents were separated she didn't see much of her dad during her growing up years. I think there's a sense of guilt after his death and about the fact that she could have spent more time with him.”

Says Kajol, “I am coping quite well. The best way to deal with death is to immerse yourself in work. Also, my daughter and husband need me to be around.”

Recently, Kajol left all her work to be with husband Ajay Devgan while he was shooting for Golmaal Returns in Goa.

She pauses for a while before going back to talking about her father. “My father had been suffering for a long time. I think it was more a freedom from the pain he was undergoing, than anything else,” she says.

When asked whether her habit of reading is helping her to cope with her grief, she replies with the candidness so typical of Kajol. “I do a lot of mindless reading. Give me Mills & Boon or a mushy pulp fiction novel and I'll be happy,” she says.

Her reading habit has remained intact despite having a baby to take care of. Kajol says, “You can always find the time to do what you really want to do.”

Ironically, Kajol was portraying the role of a woman afflicted with Alzhemier's disease in U Me Aur Hum while her father was in his last stage of illness. She says that the character she played was almost therapeutic.

Says Kajol, “To play an Alzheimer's patient convincingly, I had a doctor on the sets to guide me. The doctor told me that a person with Alzheimer's forgets all his experiences and this affects his reactions. That one little piece of information helped me to play this character.”

Kajol is all slated to sing a song for Karan Johar's next film starring Shah Rukh Khan. “We are talking about it. I know that he wants me to feature in all of his films. I could not do Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna as shooting in New York for 90 days with my baby was simply not possible. Of course, Karan understood,” she adds.

Kajol hasn't said a yes to KJo's next film as this one too will be shot in foreign locales. She says, “I'm not saying 'yes' to him until I hear his script.”

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: