Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dino and Kareena in Prvesh's Next

There's definitely more to Dino Morea apart from the recent two flops Bhram and Anamika to his credit. He's all set to produce a film, in which he will cast himself in the lead role opposite Kareena Kapoor.

Though Kareena has agreed to do the film she has yet to sign the dotted lines. Dino confirmed the news but was not willing to reveal details. He said, “My film is an adaptation of a very successful play from the UK.

At this stage, I cannot give more details as there is always someone to pull the rug from under your feet.”

However, coax Dino a bit more and he spills the beans. “The play, directed by Pravesh was a hit in the UK. I believe in his talent hence I've signed him to direct my first feature film based on his own play.”

Pravesh has directed two plays Deranged Marriage and Something about Simi and the film will be based on either of these.

Dino is cautious in his approach because of an unpleasant experience in the past. Last year, Dino had signed Shamim Desai, the director of Auroville 316, (starring Kelly Dorjee and Meghna Reddy), to direct his first feature film. However, his project did not take off as he was left high and dry by Desai.

How did he convince Kareena to do the film? Dino said that he had bonded with her during the shoot of an Ad in Rajasthan, which Dino produced. Says Dino, “Karan Johar had played the lead with Kareena in the ad.

It was then that I made her promise that when I produce a film, she will have to be my co-star. Coincidently the director of my first film also zeroed in on Kareena.”

But why Kareena? “Kareena suits the role to a T,” he says. “It's almost like the role was etched for her. In fact the play is named after her character.”

Dino is so gung-ho about his first home production that he turned down many films. He says, “Initially, I did films to earn money but now that my needs are met, I need to build a body of work, and not just my body.”

Currently, Dino has only one film on the floors, Acid Factory. “In Acid Factory, producer Sanjay Gupta and director Suparn Varma have given me a completely new look.”

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: