Friday, June 6, 2008

Minisha Preffers Playing Tough

Minissha Lamba loves to play tough. And, the actor has got an opportunity to do exactly that in Kidnap, her forthcoming film.

Did she have to make a lot of effort for the role? “Not really. I still feel 19 today. I feel I haven’t grown up as yet. The only aspect is that the attitude towards playing the role had to be different,” she explains.

Talking about her character, she adds, “She is extremely confident and sassy. But, she has one desire, and this desire brings out the human aspect of hers. Through this element, the audience will be able to empathise with her.”

All through her career, she has experimented with a variety of roles. “I would not like to be stereotyped in one role. I would like to play different characters for each film,” she informs. Strong characters that the audience can relate to are what she enjoys the most. Is there any specific type of character that she would like to play? “I would rather act in a particular genre, and develop a character thereafter. I believe acting is an endeavour to comprehend human behaviour,” she says.

So, has she ever been to Pune? “I have come down to Pune twice or thrice, but only for work. I have not had an opportunity to see the city. But, I would love to come down sometime and really explore the city and its beauty,” she adds.

Minissha is a far cry from the fragile personality she played in her first few films. “I learnt Budokai, a type of Karate, when I was a child. I have always been a strong-willed person. I would love to do a hardcore action film, and perform my own stunts,” she says matter-of-factly. She had once said that if her acting career hadn’t worked out, she would have become a journalist.

“I find journalism, especially political and war journalism, very exciting.” In other words, how she managed to justice to her Kavya Shastri act in Shaurya shouldn’t be difficult to understand.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: