Monday, June 9, 2008

Ajay on House Arrest

Ajay Devgan is a doting father. To make up for his long absence from home, he gave in to his daughter Nysa's demand to spend time with her. He cancelled all his engagements and stayed home for a month and devoted his time completely to Nysa.

“I had no choice,” confides Ajay. “It was my daughter Nysa's command. She's the only woman in my life who can make me dance around her little finger. Now that she's all of five, her demands are far more vocal,” he says.

It all began when Nysa missed Ajay's presence in the house for a long time. Says Ajay, “First, I was shooting non-stop for U Me Aur Hum. Soon after that I had to leave for Goa for filming Golmaal Returns. This long schedule of work didn't go down well with my daughter.” So last month, Nysa forced Ajay to cancel all his engagements and spend more time with her.

Ask Ajay how he coped with being under house arrest for a month and he reacts, “I actually enjoy her bullying me. I absolutely loved the time I spent with her.” Though this was the first time that Ajay spent a chunk of time with his daughter, he loved it so much that now he wants to make it a ritual.

As Ajay has now resumed work and Kajol has signed Karan Johar's film which has to be shot in the US, it is likely to leave Nysa alone. “No, Kajol's film schedule will not pose a problem. I am already planning to spend as much time as I can with Nysa. But otherwise, my parents do a very good job of taking care of her. In fact, Nysa looks up to her grandparents as her own parents. So leaving her at home is definitely not an issue.”

Talk about Kajol getting back to work and Ajay becomes an epitome of a liberal husband. He says, “Kajol is an extremely talented actor and everyone looks forward to her films. And that's the reason it gives me great joy to see her working again. Besides that, she has every right to do what she desires.”

Since Ajay is so smitten by Kajol as an actress, is he planning to cast her in all his films? “Definitely not!” he replies. “Why should she be in all our productions? In fact even I don't intend to star in all the films I direct. Casting would depend entirely on the character to be portrayed. If I feel some other actor suits best in my next directorial venture, then I will go ahead and sign him without blinking an eyelid,” he says.

According to Ajay, reports of him planning to cast Kareena in his next film are baseless. He says, “I have read that I had approached Kareena for my film, that was news to me. I haven't even finalised my script, so how can I ask her or any other actor to be part of my next film? For now I'm happy to have Kareena as my co-star in Golmaal Returns. In fact we will be leaving for Bangkok in a couple of days to shoot the last song. The sequel has turned out much bigger than the first part.”

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: