Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Salman Enjoys An Auto-rikshaw Ride Late Night

Salman Khan is up to his adventures again. He hired an auto rickshaw at Carter Road after midnight and drove it himself till his apartment while the driver sat in the passenger's seat.

The rickshaw driver, Suresh Mandal said, "It was past midnight and I was sleeping in my auto rickshaw in the Pali Hill area when a person wearing a cap woke me up. He said he wanted to go to Bandstand."

To his surprise the passenger offered to drive the rickshaw himself. Mandal added, "As I was starting my auto, he told me to sit at the back as he wanted to drive instead of me. By then I realised it was Salman Khan who was dressed in a yellow vest and black shorts accompanied by Katrina Kaif wearing a short red dress."

The driver obviously thought Salman was pulling his leg and ignoring his request, he started the auto. Mandal said, "Salman insisted on driving it. When I told him to take the back seat, he pointed at a car behind my auto and said that if he wanted to sit behind, he would have done that in his own car."

Well, what can one do if it is Salman Khan persisting on a post-midnight ride that too with Kat? The driver added, "Though a little skeptical, I got out of my auto, allowing Salman to take my seat. He started the auto like a pro and asked Katrina to sit with him. As we began the ride, he cautioned me that I should be ready to jump out of the auto any minute if his driving went haywire. He assured me that in case of damage, he would bear all cost and I need not worry."

The poor man actually sat with both his legs out, ready to jump out in case the auto over-turned.

But then was the ride bumpy? "No, not at all." Mandal continued. "He drove well and throughout the journey via Carter Road, kept the auto on second gear. He seemed to be completely enjoying the rickshaw drive and Katrina too was having fun and was continuously giggling. He did not stop once during the journey and halted directly inside his society (Galaxy Apartment) compound. As the couple got down, Salman handed me a Rs 500 note. I was hesitant to take it but he said that he was giving that to me because he genuinely loved the entire experience."

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: